- Avoid Bathing Them if Possible: If your stinky pup can get away without a bath for a while, let them! Just like us, pets will get dry, flaky skin because of the cold dry air which can be irritating and itchy. If you do need to bathe them, use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Also, running a humidifier inside your home will help you and your pets with dry skin.
- Give Them Chances to Exercise: If the temperature outside is mild, this is a great time to get them outdoors for some exercise. Whether it's a simple walk around the neighborhood, or a trip to the nearest outdoor mall for some new and exciting smells and socialization, any exercise is great for your doggo. This can also help bored pups expend their energy in a useful way, rather than tearing up the couch or your shoes.
- Understand When It's Just Too Cold: If it's too cold outside for you, it's too cold for your pets. Your pets are happiest and the safest inside on unbearably cold days. See our tips below for entertaining them when it's an 'indoor day'. It's also a good idea to provide a warm blanket and pillow or bedding so they can keep warm during their downtime.
- Provide Fun Indoor Activities: When the weather is nasty outside, or too cold your dog still needs entertainment and activity. Some dogs are great at grabbing a toy and entertaining themselves, while others will beg for your attention. Know your dogs play-style and personality and make an effort to provide them with fun puzzle games, play time with you, and mini training sessions to keep them occupied and interested.
- Protect Paws Before and After Going Outside: Pets going outdoors, even if it is a short walk, can be affected by the salt and ice on their paws. Using petroleum jelly or another type of pet-safe moisturizer will help protect their pads before going out. It's also a good idea to wipe paw pads with a damp towel to rid them of salt that can dry them out and irritate the pets mouth if they lick them. Pay attention to in-between the toes and remove any snow clumps or salt.
North Brothers Ford is located at 33300 Ford Rd Westland, MI 48185 and proudly serves as one of the premier dealerships in Metro Detroit, and is committed to exceptional customer service! Stop by or give us a call at 855-739-2023, our knowledgeable and helpful sales team will be more than happy to assist you!
Visit our website: www.northbrothersford.net