1. Starting with your carpets, use a stiff brush to work the material. These stiff brushes will work up any dirt or grime left in your seats and carpets, allowing you to easily vacuum it up. If you have leather seats, use a conditioner with aloe.
2. Have an air compressor? Perfect! Using the compressed air, spray your vents, nooks and crannies. Dirt and dust build up in your vents can cause your car to smell musty or dirty. By using your air compressor, you can preserve that new car smell!
3. Next step is cleaning your tires. It's recommended that you clean your wheels and tires before you clean and protect your car's paint, so make sure this is at the front of your detailing list! Make sure to avoid detergents on your wheels and tires as it can damage your tires, as well as damage your paint if splashed. The best solution to use is a degreaser.
4. If you want the best car wash, do it by hand. Using a soft sponge or washcloth, along with a car wash solution, you'll be able to wash away any dirt or grime. DO NOT use dishwashing detergent. This detergent strips away wax coatings and can eventually damage your paint. After you're done washing, use a rubber-blade squeegee to get the water off - this will prevent you from having spots.
5. Protect your paint with wax! Although wax will wear off after a few months, it absorbs stains and small scratches, protecting your paint. Pros will typically use two coats of wax to ensure that they don't miss a spot. You should wax your car once every season. There is no way to tell if the wax has worn off, so having a schedule will help you keep track.
6. Clean your glass last! Using a glass cleaner without ammonia, and a microfiber cloth if you have one, you will be able to easily wipe away grime and dirt - without streaks!
We hope the 6 tips to clean and detail like a pro have helped you. It's important to note that if you have a scratch in the paint that goes down to the metal, you should take it to a professional to have it buffed out. Your car can easily rust from this scratch, so stop by North Brothers today and let us help you out!
If all the cleaning in the world isn't giving your car that new car smell, maybe it's time for an upgrade! Stop by our Romulus Area Ford Dealership today and let us show you our great selection of New Ford Cars! We welcome the opportunity to try and get you the best deal, or assist you with an Auto Loan. So come see us! North Brothers Ford, located at 33300 Ford Rd Westland, MI 48185, is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in Southeast Michigan committed to exceptional customer service! Stop by or give us a call at (888) 806-7163, our knowledgeable sales team will be happy to help!
Visit our website: www.northbros.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+