Friday, May 22, 2015
Tips For Safe Grilling
WESTLAND, Mich. - Shorts, flip-flops, fireworks, parades and BBQ... I'm pretty sure summer is calling our names! Memorial Day Weekend has finally, FINALLY, arrived! If BBQ is in the plans this weekend you might want to freshen up on these tips for safe grilling. Yes, we know you're King of the Fire Pit but it's always good to just refresh on the basics before the kick off to the summer grilling season. You'll definitely thank us later!
1. Make sure your food is completely thawed out. Put frozen food in the fridge a few days before the BBQ to make sure that your food is thawed completely and safely. Making sure the meat, poultry or fish is completely thawed ensures it cooks evenly.
2. DO NOT LEAVE your grill unattended. Simply put, lots of things can happen if you have to "run in the house for a quick sec". Make sure someone is within reach of the grill at all times.
3. All grills should be left outside. Don't bring your grill inside, just don't.
4. Keep away. Be sure to keep small children and pets away from the grill.
5. Clean up on aisle GRILL. Make sure to keep your grill clean by removing fat or grease buildup from the grills and in the trays below the grill.
6. Stay out of the woods! Well, you can grill in the woods, but make SURE that the grill should be placed far enough away from any wooden sources. These include the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
7. Check the hose. If you are using a propane grill, before you use your grill for the first time each year, be sure it's in working order and ready to use. This includes checking the gas hose for any possible leaks. If you smell gas while cooking, step away from the grill and call 911, DO NOT try moving it.
Do you have any tips for safe grilling or just grilling tips in general? Share them with us! Check out our Facebook wall, or tweet us @northbros! Looking for a sweet new ride for the summer? Check out our Mustang Corral, nothing says summer like a brand new Mustang convertible! North Brothers Ford is located at 33300 Ford Rd. Westland, MI 48185, is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in Southeast Michigan and is committed to exceptional customer service! Stop by or give us a call at (888) 806-7163, our knowledgeable sales team will be more than happy to help!
Visit our website: www.nothbros.com.
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+ .