WESTLAND, Mich.–– One thing that goes a little neglected in the winter is our vehicles. There is routine maintenance we take care of to keep our cars running well in the winter, however the interiors of our cars probably need a little TLC. The cold weather and the early setting sun make it easy for us to head inside and snuggle up on the couch until bed time. Now that we're seeing a little warmer weather in Michigan, and we're getting closed to spring it's the perfect time to get a jump start on some spring cleaning. Valentine's Day is over but you can still show your car some love with a pre-spring cleaning. It doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, but there's a few things you can do to make your ride feel refreshed and get you prepped for that spring feeling.
- Clean off your floor mats. Take them out of your car and give them a good whack to release the salty dust, and make sure to brush off any crumbs, dirt, etc.
- Vacuum your seats and floors if you can. There are vacuums available at some carwashes, otherwise you can use your home vacuum and an extension cord to get the job done.
- Wipe off your plastic surfaces. Lysol wipes are perfect for doing the job, and some varieties are anti-bacterial incase you've been driving around with a cold. You may also consider a plastic restoring polish to make the inside really shine, which you can find in the car isle at your local grocery/department store.
- Put the windows down. Weather permitting, you can air out any strange smells with a drive around the block with the windows open.
- Get a car wash. It's necessary if you want to care for your car during the winter, especially if you park in a garage. Rust and corrosion can occur when oxygen meets condensation on metal, and salt can speed up the process. Getting a car wash will make it look good on the outside and help get rid of the harmful salt buildup.
- Install an air freshener. There are plenty of choices of scents and types like ones that hang from your rearview mirror, ones that attach to your vents, and ones that sit in your cupholder that will make your car feel fresh.
- Clean out the trash. Take out all the trash from your front and back seats including what's in the door and seat pockets. You can keep a bag to help store all your garbage in one place in the future.
A new car is a big investment, and we want to encourage you to take care of it to extend it's lifespan. We can help you achieve the more complicated stuff like winter maintenance services including oil changes, brake inspections, tire installations, and more. We'll keep you updated on how to take care of your car all year on the seasonal maintenance page on our website!
North Brothers Ford is located at 33300 Ford Rd Westland, MI 48185 and proudly serves as one of the premier dealerships in Metro Detroit, and is committed to exceptional customer service! Stop by or give us a call at 888-806-7163, our knowledgeable and helpful sales team will be more than happy to assist you!
Visit our website: www.northbros.com
Follow us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Google+